Designation: Director, Ela Foundation,Pune.
- MD, DNB (Radiology),
- PhD (Env. Scn.-Ornithology); Fellow of Maharashtra Academy of Sciences; Fellow of Linnean Society of London.
research Papers: 78.
MD, DNB (Radiology), PhD (Env. Scn.-Ornithology); Fellow of Maharashtra Academy of Sciences; Fellow of Linnean Society of London.
Director, Ela Foundation, Pune; Director, ‘Ornithology, Ethno-ornithology and Natural Sounds Laboratory’, Pune and Director, ‘Ela Habitat’.
- Practicing interventional radiologist, sonologist and ornithologist. He is a gold medalist and has over 78 research papers to his credit, authored over 30 books and directed and produced 14 films on nature conservation.
- He is the founder and Chief Editor of ‘Ela Journal of Forestry and Wildlife’, the official open access e-journal of Ela Foundation and Maharashtra Forest Department.
- He works on diverse projects related to research on bird flu, wind farms, airport ornithology, faunal surveys and conservation. He has established ‘Center for Ornithology and Research’ and ‘Center for Habitat Conservation Education and Training’ at Ela Habitat, Pingori, Pune.
- Through Ela Foundation he is conducting ‘Certificate Course in Basic Ornithology’ in Pune for the past 14 years and in Madhya Pradesh for 2 years; and ‘Certificate Course in Wildlife Photography’ in Pune.
- He works with several government, nongovernment and corporate organizations and communities for the cause of nature, habitat and species conservation at regional, national and international levels.
- He likes drawing, photography, writing and engaging individuals and communities for conservation of our rich natural heritage.